USB mouse connected but not working.

scout1
Ok guys, anyone with prior computer knowledge please try to help me.

I'm a little bit weak in the knowledge of computer devices. I know more of the soft than the hards.

Basically, my mouse is connected(there is red light,speccy shows that I'm connected too) but my cursor wont move.

My mouse is Logitech Wheel mouse M-BJ58 , however I do not think my mouse is the problem because I borrowed my neighbour's mouse and it does not work in my comp too.So please help me :)

Re: USB mouse connected but not working.

robot
Sounds like a driver problem. Either your mouse driver (or worse) USB drivers.
Use driver genius pro to look for potential updates. If this doesn't work, re-install mouse driver, and if this doesn't work...try re-installing USB driver.
Just for the heck of it, run malwarebytes in safe mode (in fact, mouse might run in safe mode, which would provide a clue).
Might be an infection.
Good luck, mate!

Re: USB mouse connected but not working.

scout1
I recovered the kaspersky driver files I deleted  and it works now, thanks anyway... strange, what does kaspersky driver files have to do with my mouse ._.

Re: USB mouse connected but not working.

robot
I don't use kaspersky (even though it is known to be excellent), because I am happy with the three software protections I already use (Avast!, malwarebytes and Spybot) and see no need to change a winning formula.
So, the only thing I can think of (not being overly familiar with the way kaspersky works) is that it incorporates your drivers into itself to preserve and protect them against corruption.
Perhaps when you deleted the driver files from that software you were, in effect, deleting the drivers your system was using.
Just a guess, but it seems the most logical explanation.
But ultimately, all that matters is that your problem is fixed.
Good show!